2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 6:13 PM by exbrit

"Real Time Scanning Is Off"

I keep getting popups saying my computer is at risk because Real Time scanning is off. I keep trying to turn it on but it only stays on for a second or two then I get another popup. I haven't downloaded anything or been to any questionable websites. It started yesterday. How can I get this to stop??

• 1. Re: "Real Time Scanning Is Off"
          exbrit

You posted in Corporate, this is a home product so I moved it.  Run the Virrtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes problems:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ 

If it doesn't click the Technical Support link under Useful Links at the top of this page and ask them for help, it's free of charge by phone or online chat.

• 2. Re: "Real Time Scanning Is Off"
            exbrit

Before checking with TS run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free just in case of infection, see the last link in my signature below.

To keep Malwarebytes actually free of charge do NOT accept the free trial.

Support may ask you to uninstall it, that's OK, you can safely reinstall it afterwards.

Also check that your system clock is accurate, then right-click the taskbar icon and select "Check for Updates" and see if that helps.