4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 4:23 AM by sathishkumar venugopal

Can some one help me

sathishkumar venugopal

Hi,

we are Planning to upgrade our ePO server could any one help on the below senario

We are using the below Spec

* Windows 2008 r2 standard

* ePO 4.5.7

* SQL express 2005 sp1

* MSDW 7.5

* VSE 8.8

* Agent 4.5 patch 1

we are planning to upgrade from ePO 4.5.7 to 4.6.6 and then Agent 4.5 to 4.6. i already find some information that 4.6.6 requires (SQL express 2005 sp3) we are having sp1 so we are planning to upgrade but still now i didn't get the exact answer.

* How to upgrade from SQL sp1 to sp3?

* SQL Updrade may affect our running ePO?

* We are haing lot of task and policies in 4.5.7 may i need to take backup of them while upgrading to ePO 4.6 it will care over to the upgraded ePO are we need to create again.

* what are all the important things we need to be clear before upgrading.

Message was edited by: sathvenu on 11/5/13 8:18:40 AM CST

Message was edited by: sathvenu on 11/5/13 8:20:47 AM CST
        • 1. Re: Can some one help me
          Laszlo G

The only thing you have to do (if you're using SQL Express 2005) is to dowload and execute patch 3 for SQL Express 2005. It also would be better to backup your ePO database prior to upgrading SQL.

As for ePO you can follow the disaster recovery KB before upgrading ePO so you can rollbak if needed:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb66616

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can some one help me
            rackroyd

Please note that the mechanics of Sql patching is something to be looked up with Microsoft, as it is a Microsoft product.

• 3. Re: Can some one help me
              rgc

Hi SatishKumar,

You can download the SQL 2005 Express with SP3 ( 9.0.0.4035).  Size:255.6MB.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dlx/listdetailsview.aspx?id=12413

Before upgrading the SQl 2005 to SP3, take the backup of EPO DB as per KB66616 and then run this setup file and select the instance name for the EPO DB.

SO, The particular instance will get upgraded to SP3.

To Know the Instance name for EPO DB, go to services.msc and search with SQL, There is a service starts with SLl ( Instance name is populated) for EPO by default the instance name is EPOSERVER.

To reconfirm, double click the service and click on dependency tab to see the EPo services are dependable with SQL service.

Additionally, Attached the screenshot, which helps while upgrading the SQL 2005 SP3, there is a place, were ask for instance, and moreover by default it selected SQLExpress instance.

So, You need to change as needded the instance name .

Once the upgrade is successful, login to sql management studio  == with system name\instance ( EPOSERVER) and then it will reflect version as 9.0.0.4035.

>> Under the Databases: EPo DB will be listed.

Please try the steps, and give an update if the issue resolved.

Regards,

RGC

Message was edited by: rgc on 11/6/13 1:49:32 AM CST
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Can some one help me
                sathishkumar venugopal

Hi RGC,

Let me try on the server and i'll post the reply hope this will work and upgrade to 4.6 successfully

and what about default instance.

Message was edited by: sathvenu on 11/6/13 4:23:48 AM CST