1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 11:30 AM by dans RSS

Virus protection out of date (incorrectly reported by Windows Security Center)

dans

The solution for KB53653 seems to fix my issue, but I can't run this solution on 10,000 machines that are starting ot the have problem. Does anyone know what's causing the issue? Why it suddenly started around Oct. 26th and is effecting a ton of machines?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53653

• 1. Re: Virus protection out of date (incorrectly reported by Windows Security Center)
          dans

Update: It was my issue. My repository was failing to pull the 7249 update. No rhyme or reason why...it was just failing. I reran the server task and it was saying it couldn't find the avvdat7249.zip file. I ran the task several times and around the third or fourth try it succeeded.

Now on to the follow up question:

How many days behind can the DAT be before WIndows Action Center alerts to out of date Virus Software? One day? Two Day old Dat? Three days?

Another Follow up question:

Now that all of the machines have updated to the new DAT, how do I force Action Center (WMI database) to update itself and stop giving the message? It's a tough pill to swallow to tell thousands of machines to reboot to clear the message. Maybe Action Center just updates itself after a few hours?