1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 12:20 PM by Pritish

Cannot open McAfee Anti-Theft, nor repair, nor uninstall

lordgreg

Hi,

I've just recieved my brand new DELL Inspiron Series 7000 today.

I haven't registered anything. Didn't get promo code or anything at all. The only thing I was trying to do was uninstall McAfee Anti-Theft. First, I've tried to doubleclick the  app on the desktop. IT didnt do anything. It didn't open any window, gave me any error, nothing.

If I go to Control Panel to uninstall application list, I see McAfee Anti-Theft and the only option there is Uninstall/Change. If i click that, nothing happens again.

I've called support phone number I've got on this page: http://www.intel.com/support/services/anti-theft-svc/sb/CS-032771.htm

Gentleman on the other side helped me with intel.com registration but then asked if he can get my activation number for intel/mcaffee and I couldn't provide him that because I didn't got any at all.

So please, tell me, tell me,.. how can I uninstall this application now without doing any harm to my computer??? The computer is brand new (no refurb), updated to Windows 8.1 and I cannot uninstall this app. Is there at least something I can do to remove this bundle-app from my computer?

Please help me out!

Thank you!

1 2 3 Previous Next