Can you post the other detection names?
Scan with the scanners here
especially getsusp remembering to add your email addy to its preferences and stinger as well as Malwarebytes(Install only the free version and not the free pro trial. See what that gives and I will ask a lab tech re that detection.
Yes. Here are the Artemis numbers:
1. 903C06F02D54 (trojan horse). Name: psupport_install.exe
2. Same number as above, but with name: assistant_v3.exe
3. 6AA25FF36323 Name: custom.dll
Additionaly, there are these two, both of which classified trojan horses:
1. RDN/Generic Downloader.x!ip Name: agent2exe.
2. Same threat as above, but with name: helper_setup.exe
And these PUPs:
2. MegaSearchPlugin (I suspect this one is not related to the infected package mentioned in OP)
All of these have given no results in McAfees database or through online searching. Neither was I able to send them to McAfee - repeated attempts all resulted in "Connection with McAfee failed".
Will scan and post results. Thank you!
Are these detections still happening?
The GetSusp scan did not report any malware on the system.
Yes, it detects 3 identified suspicious files on every scan. Can you tell me what the report said? Are the files not infected?
Those files are harmless. I've whitelisted them and a scan in the next hour won't report them anymore.