Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
260 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 10:56 PM by Regis RSS
feeeds The Place at McAfee Member 102 posts since
Apr 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2013 2:30 PM

Proxy traffic from Macintosh

We will occasionally see issues where a few of our Macs (Lion) will stop sending traffic to the proxy, and try and go out direct to our firewall.

We have tried to set the OS proxy setting to the VIP of the proxy vs the PAC file, and that did not work. We have also tried to set up the IP of the proxy direct in both Opera and Firefox, but that does not seem to work either.

Has anyone else had issues with getting Mac's to behave with a proxy server ?

• Regis Champion 457 posts since
    Oct 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 1, 2013 10:57 PM (in response to feeeds)
    Re: Proxy traffic from Macintosh

I dont recall the details now, but yes, I've been down this path with some of these special egg people who just had to have macs.  They aren't even creative types... these somehow got in here as "unix workstations" when Sun stopped selling desktop class Sparcs.    Oy.    I digress.

I don't recall having that problem with them, however, in order to get them to update and be able to pull down their updates from apple, I had to whitelist way more than I wanted to  on them.   They were indeed a pain.

Makes me wonder if any Mac friendly support engineer has crafted a FAQ or best practice on Mac management. 

It's entirely plausible to me that  perhaps if the mac can't get to a given appley site without getting concerned with ssl interception or the like that it might try taking matters into its own hands and start trying to ignore the proxy settings trying to phone home.  

What version of MWG are you on?

on 11/1/13 10:57:02 PM CDT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points