4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 12:25 PM by jporras

How restore my laptop after EE020001

jporras

Hi everybody.

I can´t restart my laptop after a windows failure (Windows 7). When I restart the EndPoint screen to inform user and pass , is not shown and an error is displayed (0xc000000f Error selecting boot) .

The hard disk is encrypted with EEPC, but after booting the computer with EETECH (v7), and I try differents solutions, but doesn´t work

The encryption could not be removed :

ERROR EE120000 Endpoint Encryption is not currently active

WorkSpace :

Workspace is empty

Emergency Boot:

Does not work ...

The current MBR contains invalid McaFee EndPoint Encryption Disk.

Please, does anybody could help me ??   I don´t know how could I restore this MBR in the way that EndPoint could understand.

I have found information about a MBR compliant with endpoint, but in v7 of EETECH this kind of tool, are not present.

Kind regards.

• 1. Re: How restore my laptop after EE020001

contact your IT department and ask them to do a manual decryption of your machine.

the workspace is empty because you didnt read any sectors into it. The MBR is invalid because Windows overwrote it. The disk information is missing because the MBR has been overwritten.

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 10/30/13 12:07:30 PM EDT
          • 2. Re: How restore my laptop after EE020001
            jporras

Thank you very much

sure I will contact them, but It will be possible to restore disk information, I have important documents that I need.

And how it will be (the procedure), to restore the computer , It will be enough if we could decrypt the files and make a backup to another disk.

Please could you help us, with the steps that we need to follow ???

Thans in advance.  Javier

• 3. Re: How restore my laptop after EE020001

your IT department will know how to do this. It's not something you can do without their help anyway as only they have the key for your machine.

• 4. Re: How restore my laptop after EE020001
                jporras

Hi.

In this moment I´m out of my country, and return back in some weeks. In fact the uploaded pictures are related , when a local It dept tried to restore my computer, with my personal key supplied by the IT dept (in Spain) .

In any case , thank you very much for your kindness.

Kind regards. javier