2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 10:37 PM by andyclements RSS

Double email notifications

xvass

Hi !

I am testing the Prevention appliance to catch up emails that use confidential content  and it works fine, but i am facing a weird behaviour that i cant  figure out... DLP Prevent sends two notification emails at the same time to the email sender.  Is it something that i miss here ?

• 1. Re: Double email notifications

Hi,

What software version do you have installed on your Prevent appliance? Can you also confirm that you configured Prevent and the MTA as per the product documentation?

If you can please post a sample header from the duplicated Prevent notifications so we can advise further.

• 2. Re: Double email notifications
            andyclements

I will frequently see duplicate rules.  If you have two rules matching on the same thing, even if the rules themselves are somewhat different, you can have two emails sent.  If you look for incidents for the original email are there two?

I will also see duplicate incidents if a Email Gateway is not excluded in the Monitor capture filters (if that is in use).  We don't need to see an incident once from the Prevent and once from the Monitor.