Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
465 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 10:14 AM by gfergus1 RSS
fomholt Newcomer 2 posts since
Oct 28, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 28, 2013 9:29 AM

Network Security Manager 8.0.5.9 is sluggish and sensors will not initialize

Hi,

Went from a working major version 7.5 on both Manager and sensors to version 8 on both. Did an upgrade of the Manager first and got trouble right away with a sluggish manager. I was thinking this would be easy to fix so I vent on with the sensors. Did a reinstall of the sensors with newest version 8 (TFTP) because they wouldn`t communicate. A trust is now established between the sensor and manager but nothing else is happening (after several tries with setup).

I think the problem is all related to the manager. From what I have been told from McAfee that the Network Security Manager is in the process of moving away from client side Java to use extJS, for overall performanceimprovement and better user experience. In release 8.0, several UI pages have been were enhanced to use the extJS framework. I have a lot of white pages and are unable to set any policies and the manager is really sluggish. I have tried different Java versions and are about to give up. The Java tries to spin ut but fails loading any content.

What did I do wrong?

Regards

Fredrik

• gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009

it sounds like you have a resource issue on the manager server.  Is it a 64 bit install?  64 bit is a requirement now dues to memory and file requirements.

Check task manager for memory and cpu issues.  If mysql is high on cpu usage there is something wrong with the database or something accessing the database.
    Rebooting the server would be a good starting point, but getting a ticket open would be recommened.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points