2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 8:51 AM by joeleisenlipz

How do most ePO admins handle the credential updates?

stev379

At my office, we must change our Service Account passwords every few months. This means multiple updates in ePO. Is there a list that tells us each location in ePO that may need a password update?

When possible, I "use credentials of logged-on account", but there are many locations in ePO that require passwords and with multiple policies and tasks and repositories, it's easy to miss one. I've attempted to build my own list, but I didn't write the ePO program or set this server up initially so it's likely I'll skip one or two. I'm just not sure if I'm getting everything

If there's a way to configure ePO so I only have to update the password in limited locations so will trickle down, that would be great. If not, I need to manually update it in every spot every few months.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

ePO 5.0.1 (Build: 228)

Windows Server 2008 R2 Std SP1

64bit

• 1. Re: How do most ePO admins handle the credential updates?
          rgc

Hi,

As per your query, I understand you need to know the location in epo for the windows user credentails updated to reach EPO DB, If yes.

The core/config is the place were it will try to contact epo DB for the authentication, If your scenario is changing the password in every couple of  months, then you can go for sql authentication.

>> This helps to avoid the password change from windows will cause issues for the epo login or work as normal.

>> I have attached the document with screenshots for the steps to change from windows to sql authentication.

Note: Except the epo login with default user:admin and password, the other credentails is from core/config page.

Try the steps suggested and update the status...

Regards,

RGC

Message was edited by: rgc on 10/28/13 12:41:27 AM CDT
          • 2. Re: How do most ePO admins handle the credential updates?
            joeleisenlipz

You are also likely storing passwords in association with each Registered Server that you may have integrated with: LDAP, MVM, NDLP, VMWare, etc.

Also, if you are using Agent installation packages with Admin credentials baked into them, you'll need to change those as well.