8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 5:28 AM by Peter M

Cant reinstall Mcaffe

bhf_

When i enter username and password i got error:

An unexpected error has occurred. the login process has experienced an unexpected server access error.

I try MCPC.exe , i set IE to default browser but its the same error.

Any solutions ?

• 1. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
          Peter M

You mean MCPR?  Is you system totally up to date and is IE the latest version and set to its default settings?   (There's no need to set it be your default browser).

You could get free Technical Support by clicking the link on this page http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/10/13 9:26:42 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
            bhf_

Yes i mean MCPR. I installed first time normally, but then i format PC and install windows again , then problem started. I try from the safe mode, try
            McPreInstall.exe but when i run McPreInstall i get runtime error 13.

I dont know for IE version but is the same as last time i installed mcaffe.

Its windows ultimate 7 64 OS.

• 3. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
              Peter M

Right -click 'Computer' on your desktop of in the Start Menu and select Properties.  It should say Windows 7 SP1 I hope.

You can tell the version of IE by opening it and selecting Help/About.

• 4. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
                bhf_

Its windows 7 ultimate SP 1. And IE i 10.

Any idea what how to install mcaffe , is there direct link orsomething else ?? I spend whole day trying to install but its unsuccessfully. Its there any support how to install or i need to look for antoher AV ?

Message was edited by: bhf_ on 10/25/13 10:16:45 AM CDT
                • 5. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
                  Peter M

All I could think of is to uninstall everything, run the MCPR tool, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

You could try contacting Technical Support as I suggested, they could help.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/10/13 11:28:39 EDT AM
                  • 6. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
                    vermam

I was facing this problem for a week. I tried the ways mentioned, nothing helped.

Initially regional settings was Netherland, which I changed to English, however Mcafee remained with same language. For changing it's language, I uninstalled and that's where problem started for a week. I started getting same message every time "An unexpected error has occurred. the login process has experienced an unexpected server access error."

Yesterday I realized, the region (Country) used in my mcafee account is different from what I mentioned in my computer location. That's the catch. I made country in mcafee account and my computer same and it worked for me. Hope this will help.

• 7. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
                      Peter M

The installer reads the Country set in your Control Panel > Clock, Language, Region settings.   It's important that's the same as the language you are choosing for your download.

• 8. Re: Cant reinstall Mcaffe
                        Peter M

As this is from October last year and on a different subject I assume the OP has solved the problem of installing so am locking the thread.