8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 5:24 AM by Peter M

Unable to install McAfee Total Protection on pc

davin995

Hi

im having a problem installing total protection on my new pc. it already runs on my laptop without any problems but when i try to install the same pakage onto me pc i get an error message reading "An unexpected error has occurred. The logn process has experienced an unexpected server access error. Please try again". The only option available on this error window is a "close" button. When I click on that I get another error message indicating "Your cancelled the installation before we could finish installing your software. To ensure your PC is protected against the latest threats, we recommend that you install your McAfee software now". i have tried to install it in safe mode with networking and normal mode, using both google chrome and internet explorer 10. my laptop has win7 home premium sp2 and the pc is win ultimate sp1. there arnt any othere anti-virus software's on the pc and i managed to install a 30 day trial of total protection and eventually get it to run. in my mcafee account on the pc it dosent display the free licence i hve i the laptop bundle where as on the laptop it dose. its the same account as  both computers are listed, i just cant see details about my laptop when im using the pc. it says "looking for device info? you'll find it right here - coming soon". the package dosent expire untell late 2014 and there is definitly a spare licence there.  i have used mcafee uninstall and cleared everything and then tried to reinstall but had no luck. i have also used the preinstall software too.

can someone please help??

Regards,

Davin