8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 2:08 AM by Peacekeeper RSS

Mcafee internet connection issue

b1gn1wat

i'm using dell xp14 wins8 bundle with McAfee antivirus since apr 2013

now since oct 14,2013  i cannot update McAfee,  there is an error show that  "No Internet Connection" even i'm still online

my last update is McAfee V 12.8

Build 12.8.750

Affld 977-33

Last update 10/14/2013

i tried all the solutions i read on how to fix this issue with mcafee and none has worked ...( included MVT too )

I even went through a clean uninstallion of my dell and reinstaleld everything from scratch like it was a new pc still the same issue

So i dunno what to do. My internet works fine.

i found that not only me that have this error, many users and numbers are growing up

pls help me find the solution

meantime pls tell me how and where i can download  the right  update virus definition for my product

thk

• 1. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
          Peacekeeper

A thought ----open Mcafee security centre and go to navigation and general settings and alerts and access protection and disable it. Try the update and if no go or if it works reenable access protection.

By clean uninstall you mean run MCPR after a windows uninstall of Mcafee?

I have not seen many is any other posts re this happening recently and reinstalling I felt should have helped so best to call support explain your issue and let them look into it. If necessary ask for an escalation call back.

I will also do some digging. I assume you do not have another AV installed ie 1 that scans in real time?

I assume you tried all 4 workarounds here

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101441

And this? BTW who supplied your Software?

1. Click Start and select Run. Windows Vista and 7 users should click the Windows orb, then click in the search box.
          2. Copy and paste the following command, then press ENTER:

Regsvr32 /u C:\Progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcsubmgr\11,0,669,0\mcsubmgr.dll

3. Copy and paste the following command, then press ENTER:

Regsvr32 C:\Progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcsubmgr\11,0,669,0\mcsubmgr.dll

4. Right-click the V-lock icon in your taskbar and select Check for updates.
          • 2. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
            b1gn1wat

yeah! it's work

after disable access protection, my McAfee can update normally

do i have to enable it again???

By clean uninstall  mean i have reset my DELL by factory reset

and i have only 1 AV and also disable window firewall and defender  so all protection is handle by McAfee alone

yes i have tried all 4 workarounds here

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101441

but MVT doesn't solve my problem

many thanks for your help

b1gn1wat

• 3. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
              Peacekeeper

If disabling access protection works reenable it immediately. Why try all the other workarounds if the access protection disabling worked or are you saying you tried all these before? I get the feeling you are saying issue still there.

No need to disable windows defender Mcafee does that automatically..

• 4. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
                sommeral

I have had the same trouble 2 times.

Added to one trouble last year, I have lost 3 days trying to find a solution to the problems created by McAfee.

I am convinced that this company and its products are of poor quality.

How can they behave like that?

Now I am struggling for desinstalling totally all the components of McAfee.

And it is not easy.

• 5. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
                  sommeral

And in top of that you are obliged to have this disaster installed in your computer.

Impossible to remove McAfee totally and to install another antivirus application.

How to get ride of this damnation?

• 6. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
                    Peacekeeper

Uninstall it via this method

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

If necessary run the mcpr removal tool a couple of times.

If you had issues did you call support they or an escalation call back usually fixes most issues.

• 7. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
                      sommeral

Thank you.

I did it on Thursday and they fixed the trouble.

It took around 50 minutes.

Yesterday the helpdesk was closed and I needed to do it quickly for being able to work.

That is why I decided to uninstall McAfee.

• 8. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
                        Peacekeeper

Ok ensure you use the method I posted above to cleanly uninstall Mcafee otherwise you will/could have issues with your new scanner.