1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2013 6:32 AM by exbrit

Mcafee internet connection issue

Ok i tried all the solutions i read on how to fix this issue with mcafee and none has worked ... I even went through a clean uninstallion of my pc and reinstaleld everything from scratch like it was a new pc still the same issue.  My Problem is Mcafee can only detect internet while in safe mode but turns off my real time scanner off and when i log in as a normal user it doesn't detect my connection so i cant update unless in safe mode but my real time scanner works fine. So i dunno what to do. My internet works fine.

• 1. Re: Mcafee internet connection issue
          exbrit

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe the software is confused by multiple network connections, is that the case - are there more than one in Device Manager or Network Center?

McAfee relies on the same intetnet connection that Internet Explorer uses (even if it isn't your default browser) so check if it can connect.

The software alsao has problems if proxy connections are being used.

Try running the Vortual Technician to see if it find and fixes anything.  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Otherwise your best recourse is Technical Support.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.