1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 4:47 AM by exbrit

McAfee keeps detecting Artemis every 7 to 10 days.

I need some help. McAfee, for the past two or three weeks, has been detecting the Artemis Trojan and placing the infected files in quarantine. Seven to ten days after I delete the infected file in quarantine, the virus comes back and McAfee detects it once more but this time infecting another file. This has happened to me three times already and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't go to any malware infected sites as far as I know and these Artemis detections by the McAfee program just come out of nowhere. The virus hasn't done any harm to my PC but I'm a bit nervous and I would like to find a permanent solution to this virus before it stirs something up. I've read in other places that deleting the infected files manually and then running the McAfee antispyware in safe mode is the way to go but I'm not so sure. Should I just keep deleting the files in quarantine?

Thank you in advanced.

• 1. Re: McAfee keeps detecting Artemis every 7 to 10 days.
          exbrit

Artemis is what VirusScan gives to an unknown detection that it has submitted for testing.  The Artemis detection number(s) would help as without those they can't do anything.   I can only assume that something is being loaded over and over again that is suspect.

It may not, however, be an infection.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/10/13 5:47:17 EDT AM