3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 7:04 AM by mmjlz RSS

DLP - Bluetooth Blocking

sat1522

Hi All,

I just wonder if anyone have any issue with bloacking Bluetooth with Windows 7.  I configured the rule to block the Bluetooth from sending files to the PDA device, but it doesn't seem to work. It works for Removable Media devices.

ePO 6.6

DLP 9.2.0.522

Thanks,

P

• 1. Re: DLP - Bluetooth Blocking
          vimalnavis

Content rules are not supported for Bluetooth. You may disable Bluetooth entirely using Device rules.

• 2. Re: DLP - Bluetooth Blocking
            sat1522

Yes, I'm talking about Device Rule.  I created the rule Bluetooth Blocked and applied the rule to my test account and still I was able to send file to my PDA device.  When I go to DLP Monitor to view the rule alert for Bluetooth device not available, only see DVD, Disk Drives, USB, etc but Bluetooth.

• 3. Re: DLP - Bluetooth Blocking
              mmjlz

I tried this too and it didn't work. I also didn't get alerts in the Monitor. I think this is related to the devices registering as 'BluetoothVirtual' device class. I added a class for BluetoothVirtual and now it was at least blocking some features to send files. but the 'send to bluetooth' from windows context menu was still functioning. So I decided to block the bluetooth stuff completely and make exceptions for HID devices.