3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 1:49 PM by dshock

    MAGIC BYTE MISMATCH

    rajjesh


      Dear Team,

       

       

      We are using McAfee webgwasher 6.x. While accessing the below websites we are getting Magic bytes missmatch error. and the sites are blocked.

       

      https://access.usbank.com/cpsApp1/index.jsp

      https://americas-gss.siemens.com/Remedy-Help/GSS_NA_Support_Emails.htm

       

      We tried enabling the Non-rectifiable media types with magic bytes mismatch, but no luck. We also tried adding the site under common ------ whitelist as follows

       

      After the above changes, the block page & error msg disaapeared, but the page is not loading, instead loding as normal text, looking like coes.

        • 1. Re: MAGIC BYTE MISMATCH

          I could replicate the "Magic Bytes Mismatch" issue you mentioned, but after a whitelist entry the page loads. It's possible there are some other rules unique to your configuration that are causing the page to not load fully. Have you had a chance to check out your access and access denied logs? (Reporting > View Log Files)

           

          If you log block_res in one of these logs (Reporting > Log File Mgmt > Customize HTTP Access (denied)  log > Log File Structure)), you can get details about whether a request was blocked or allowed.

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: MAGIC BYTE MISMATCH
            rajjesh

            Hi Shock,

             

            Can you please share in which way have you added the whitelist entry, may be I have not added the entry in the right manner.

            • 3. Re: MAGIC BYTE MISMATCH

              Common > Whitelist > Choose the appropriate policy in left-hand pane. (note: this is a per policy change)

               

              The entry looked like:

               

              String    access.usbank.com

              Web      Any URL

               

              I checked the box 'Media Type Filter' below

              Add to Whitelist.

               

              If you're still having issues, it would a good idea to consult the access/access denied logs to see if some of the css or other objects are getting blocked by a different filter in your policy.

               

              Add'l info about your whitelist:

              -you could also temporarily check all of the filters in your whitelist entry to see if the site loads by whitelisting all filters or if the problem persists.