7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 8:53 AM by Regis

Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site

Hi

I am reaching out to this forum in the hope that I can reach the appropraite peoples ears at Mcafee.

If you have used the Trustedsource site at http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url you may have had a good response. I usually do.

However at the moment I am not. I can only use the  webform provided to engage with that part of McAfee and I get NO response.

I would like to make a complaint and have a human being enage with me.

Is there any way to do this ?

BTW the regular support channel in the past point me back at the webform.

Look forward to feedback.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
          asabban

Hello,

did you try to contact sites@mcafee.com?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
            skloepping

In Addition to Andre recommendation i would always create me an account on www.trustedsource.org because than i get a Ticket ID which i can refer on, sumbitting URLs to the team!

• 3. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
              jspanitz

We've used the trustedsource site for years and I will agree that lately the service level is in the toilet.  It can take days for a url request to go through.  And I have an account and I always request email be sent when the request is reviewed.

• 4. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
                Regis

My issues with Trusted source turnaround time started a couple of months back.     I agree strongly with having an account there and getting a ticket id.     If you open a web gateway ticket, you can play the escalation card that way... it seemed for a while the only way to get the team to respond at all.  I've also been given the sites@  email address as another prodding mechanism.

I'm not sure sure ultimately owns the trusted source stuff, and I did recently get one turned around in the old usual of ~24 hours, but   it's been more bad than good of late, that's for sure.   I had been assured the problem was known and being worked on, but feel free to reach out to your sales folks or TAM if you're platinum and make noise that this is a pain point.       Without timely corrections to trusted source errors, the value of GTI  goes sideways in a hurry.

• 5. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
                  sroering

Recently the ammount of requests for re-catorization had increased and the current turn-around time is 3-5 days.  We have aknowledged the problem and McAfee has been hiring more staff to reduce the wait time.  That being said, there is no "escalation card" if you call support.  The only time a site would be escalated for evaluation is if it was a very common site such as Google, CNN, or Microsoft, etc.  Support follows the same submission process as customers, so there is not express service route.  If you submit the request through support, then you are just adding another step in the middle.  That is why we recommend that you follow the online submission process. It at least gives you the tracking number and makes you the primary contact for updates.

We sincerely applogoize for delays.

• 6. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
                    Regis

Great to hear of the staff ramp up and moves in acknowleging the issue.  

My escalations have involved some pretty common sites in the past, and I have in fact had some success with MWG support being able to get a submitted through the portal recategorization request from languishing in the queue back in the bad old days when they'd go untouched for over a week or more. 

I agree, always start with the online submission process, though.

To anyone in management listening, I hope the goal of turnaround on those is somewhere around the 24 hour mark for authenticated users that are verified customers.  

• 7. Re: Issues with customer service recieved from Trustedsource feedback site
                      Regis

In this vein, I'm thrilled to report that  we've returned to what I consider the good old days with respect to trusted source turnaround.  A URL I submitted yesterday was categorized overnight central time US and ready to go for the next business morning.       This is the first sub 24 hour turnaround time on a URL submission I've seen in months, and I'm very glad to see it back.