1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 5:39 AM by rgc

Breaking inheritance for client tasks with ePO

nov1ce

Hello,

Is it possible to break inheritance for client tasks with ePO 4.6.3?

I have a group (A) below My Organization with the task to deploy VSE.  Inside this group I'd like to create a subgroup (B) with the task to deploy MOVE clients, but I don't want to inherit VSE deployment from the group A.  Is it possible or there are some other more efficient ways to accomplish this?

If I create the subgroup B the VSE deployment task is automatically inheritted and the Delete button is gray so I can't delete VSE deployment task for the subgroup B.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Breaking inheritance for client tasks with ePO
          rgc

Hi,

We can break the inheritance from the client task assignment from the specific group level, which is inheritance from the My ORg or top group level.

>> Select the group and edit the task and select the option:  “BreakInheritance and assign the policy and setting below this point”

Select the task and click on NEXT = and select the option DISABLE and click next and save the task.

>> Then send the wake up call to all the clients under the Group B with full properties to get this updated information.

This helps to avoid the sub group B to install VSE.

Note: Check the attached snapshots for the break inheritance and from system tree ( Ex:Servers ) group is disabled the task.

Regards,

RGC

Message was edited by: rgc on 10/7/13 5:39:56 AM CDT