Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
292 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2013 3:14 PM by keithdrone RSS
maherr Newcomer 20 posts since
Jun 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 5, 2013 5:06 AM

DLP Discover

Dears

if I have a storage containing a lot of confidentail data and I want to secure these data.

no agent can be installed on the storage.

how can I secure the data from being leaked? it's with network DLP bit how exacltly the DLP discover and prevent work?

• keithdrone Apprentice 56 posts since
    Jan 28, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Oct 18, 2013 3:14 PM (in response to maherr)
    Re: DLP Discover

If you have Network DLP then you should check with support to see how to properly interface with your storage.  For example, is it a Linux NAS, a NetApp, a DFS?

Most storage allows you to limit which persons/groups can access it, such as an AD group membership like "Persons able to access NAS07", then you have your list of persons who CAN access it.   Now, determine from WHERE they access it.  PC?  Laptop?  Phone?

You can use the Host DLP in some of these cases (aside from the phone) to limit where data can be copied to by those persons accessing that storage, and combined with NDLP you can better prevent against other network leaks such as if someone emails it out via their phone or something crazy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points