3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 5:17 AM by Peter M

how do i remove redirection malware from firefox?

666bobbby

Got pop ups and redirections in firefox.. how do i remove?

• 1. Re: how do i remove redirection malware from firefox?
          Peter M

I moved this to Malware Discussions as that is what it appears to be about..

What is your operating system (and service pack if applicable) and is it totally up to date?

Can you try to use System Restore to go back to before all this started?

Also  try some of the tools in the last link in my signature below.   Stinger  and Malwarebytes Free to start with would be a good idea.

• 2. Re: how do i remove redirection malware from firefox?
            lannisters

So what kind of redirection problems?

Here is a general method to remove redirect virus:

Go to your browsers' settings and choose add-on/extensions.

Search for anything that is related to redirects (and also any other suspicions file name) and remove it.

Again from the setting, change your homepage back to normal (that is if it has been changed)

Open Control Panel and search for any program or file with the same name and remove them.

Hope this will helps.

If you still can not get rid of it completely, go to risky link removed for specific redirect problem removal guides

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/10/13 5:32:48 EDT AM
            • 3. Re: how do i remove redirection malware from firefox?
              Peter M

I already posted ideas with no response so assume all is OK now.   That link was labelled by SiteAdvisor as a possible risk and besides simply ieads to an advertising page as far as I can see.   Please don't post such links as per the TOS.

There are plenty of reputable malware removal websites with guides and the last link in my signature mentions them.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/10/13 6:17:52 EDT AM