Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
600 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 1:23 PM by arena73 RSS
arena73 Newcomer 2 posts since
Oct 2, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 2, 2013 6:28 AM

ePolicy 5 sitelist.xml and policies not being updated

Hi,

I've got a problem with my epo server 5.0 and its 100 clients installation that's driving me crazy, here it is: a couple of days ago I needed to modify the distributed repositiory order to let some of my clients update from a different repository. I changed the order of my six repositories, on one of the client (windows) II forced the agent to apply the policies, but the new order did not apply. I checked the sitelist.xml file on the client, an I saw that it hadn't change since several days. I removed the sitelist.xml and forced the policy update, and the new sitelist.xml got generated, but the distributed list order was still the old one. I had distributed repository names with spaces inside ("site 1", "site 2"), and I've read a comment froma a user that this might pose a problem, so I renamed my six repositories not to have spaces or fancy characters, then I forced a policy apply on the client, but nothing changed. Even deleting all of my six distributed repositories had no effect. As a last resort I redistributed the agent on a client forcing the reinstall, and that did solve the problem, now I can see the updated situation (no distributed repositories) correctly shown in the virusscan console, but now the two managed tasks I had ("managed dat update" and "managed nightly scan") have disappeared from the client virusscan console, even though the policy to show managed tasks is still in place. Adding a new policy at the client group level has no effect, It seems that my clients (both the old ones, and the new one with the agent reinstalled) are unable to load the policies I set on the EPO server. When I issue the command

cmdagent /S

and then force a policy apply, on the PCs with the old agent I see a check for:

VIRUSSCAN8800

EPOAGENT3000

EPOAGENT3000META

TELEMTRY 1000

but on the one with the agent reinstalled I see only:

EPOAGENT3000

EPOAGENT3000META

A you can see the VIRUSSCAN8800 check is not there anymore. I,ve tried to dig into che logfiles on the client, but I haven't yet found anything interesting. I could really use some help.

thanks

arena73

Messaggio modificato da arena73 on 02/10/13 6.28.04 CDT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points