3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2013 11:10 AM by Peter M

open .rar files in xp parallels

riverrunner

G'morning all,

My first time a on pc orientated forum, I've been using macs for years and have started with xp and yes, I understand that it will become unsupported in the near future but, programs that I use have not moved on to 7 compliance. Anyway, to get to the point, I have downloaded trouble in the form of different pers'a freeware that brings it's own baggage and takes forever to delete.

I am looking for a safe, possibly free application that can open .rar .ink etc files. Any help would be much appreciated

All the best

Gary

• 1. Re: open .rar files in xp parallels
          Peter M

7zip is a good free one that opens most forms of compressed files but here isn't really the best place to ask that.  You really need an XP or XP Parallels forums.  A Google search might help too.

If you have malware or unwanted toolbars, take a look at Stinger, Malwarebytes Free, AdwCleaner and/or Junkware Removsl Tool, all linked in the last link in my signature below.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: open .rar files in xp parallels
            riverrunner

Thanks for you response mate, trying to get a response from parallels realy ----s, will try an xp forum. The reason I came here is looking for an answer on a secure download that's McAfee approved.

Thanks for the heads up on the anti spyware/malware

Gary

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: open .rar files in xp parallels
              Peter M

You have to watch out when downloading stuff as often there will be something extra tacked on that you don't want or need - usually an optional extra which is easy to overlook in ones haste.   Plus you have to be so careful where you download from these days.

if the website is OK'd by SiteAdvisor, for instance, you could report it, see HERE.