3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2013 1:49 AM by asabban

Certificate error while browsing

rajjesh

Hello,

Some of our users are getting certificate error while accessing google and many other sites. This problem is limited to set of users only and not through out the organization. We are using MWG 6.x

Please find the below screenshot. Please suggest a resolution.

Regards,

Rajjesh B.certificate error.JPG

• 1. Re: Certificate error while browsing
          asabban

Hello,

the request is signed by the "Webwasher Root CA" which is the default certificate authority installed for SSL Scanner. This certificate authority is not trusted in the users browser. The certificate authority should be trusted in order to prevent the popup from showing up or - better - you should import a certificate authority into MWG which is already distrubuted within the company and trusted by the browsers.

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Certificate error while browsing
            rajjesh

we have installed the certificate in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities in the client browser, but still the problem exists. also this error remains for very few users, while all the users are using the same proxy. Please let me know do i just need to install the certificate in the below error in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities of the client browser or do anything in addition. Plz help me out.

Certificate issue.JPG

• 3. Re: Certificate error while browsing
              asabban

Hello,

the error message indicates that the Root CA is not / not correctly installed on the browser. Note that you do not have to install the certificate that is presented in the browser message into the certificate store, but the CA which signed this certificate. If you switch to the "Certification Path" tab you should see a tree such as:

Webwasher Root CA

siemens.iolportal.com

Mark the "Webwasher Root CA" and hit "Details". You will see a very similar window showing up, but this time not for the server certificate but for the "Webwasher Root CA". I think on the details tab or anywhere you can find an "Export" button. Use the button to store the certificate to the disk. Then open the browser settings and import the  exported certificate to the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities are.

Then restart the browser and try again.

Best,

Andre