Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
545 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 3:50 AM by mgg RSS
azjazz Newcomer 3 posts since
Sep 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 26, 2013 2:44 PM

VSE 8.8 (or, another McAfee AV product) is corrupting program execution

Hi - I have VSE 8.8 (along with ePO and HIPS) installed on my Windows XP (SP3) work computer.

I run a program called "Android-Sync" to syncronize my MS Outlook information to my Android phone. As part of Android-Sync's normal operation, it invokes the adb.exe (Android Debug Bridge) command in a separate Windows process when I connect my phone to the PC via USB.

While Android-Sync mostly works fine, there is a problem being introduced by a McAfee AV product (I'm not sure which one): While Android-Sync and the invoked adb.exe appear to operate properly, the invoked adb.exe command "hangs" and never terminates properly when I disconnect my phone. So each hung instance of adb.exe appears in my WIndows Task Manager, and I manually have to kill each instance whenever I shut down my computer. Sometimes, I have to manually kill 20 or more instances, which takes a lot of time and gets very annoying.

I know that McAfee is involved with this failure in some way. When I uninstalled McAfee temporarily from my computer, each instance of adb.exe was terminated properly when I disconnected my phone.

How do I configure McAfee to allow adb.exe / Android-Sync to operate normally without McAfee blocking some of its operation?

Thanks,

Alan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points