5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2013 10:20 AM by lawler_09

ePO Two Deployments Or Prerequisite for tasks

lawler_09

So the problem i have is that i'd like to deploy endpoint encryption automatically via ePO, but the agent has to go on first.

I can't risk creating 2 seperate tasks incase EEPC runs for whatever reason before the Agent task.

Is there anyway i can do this in ePO?

The only ways i can think of that would work for this is being able to specify 2 deployments in a client task and order them.

OR be able to specify in a task that a specific deployment has to have already been successfully deployed before the 2nd task will run.

• 1. Re: ePO Two Deployments Or Prerequisite for tasks
          Laszlo G

Hi lawler_09, do you mean you are worried about deploying EEPC prior to deploy McAfee Agent? Are you upgrading from a previous McAfee Agent version?

If it's only that you're deploying McAfee Agent for first time to your computers then you don't have to worry because EEPC (as any other McAfee software) will never be deployed to your computers if there's no McAfee Agent managed by ePO installed on them.

• 2. Re: ePO Two Deployments Or Prerequisite for tasks
            lawler_09

no sorry i should have been more specific.

It's the Endpoint Encryption Agent. Endpoint Encryption comes in 2 parts. EEPC and the EE agent.

The EE agent has to be installed before EEPC.

Apologises for the confusion!

• 3. Re: ePO Two Deployments Or Prerequisite for tasks
              Laszlo G

Oh sorry I misunderstood what you said.

As per me I've always installed both EE Agent and EEPC under the same task and it always works the same way, it forst installs the agent prior to installing EEPC.

In fact McAfee recommends to use only one task to deploy both so I think there should some kind of internal requirement for EEPC before being deployed.

• 4. Re: ePO Two Deployments Or Prerequisite for tasks
                lawler_09

URGH forgive me!

In the 2 years i've been using ePO, I've never realised that there's a plus sign next to the product in a deployment task to deploy 2 products

• 5. Re: ePO Two Deployments Or Prerequisite for tasks
                  lawler_09

Weirdly though i can't get 2 packages to deploy using product deployment in epo 5.0.1 at all.

If i create a product deployment, with eepc agent as package 1 and then add eepc under it, and then create it, it swaps them around and puts eepc first, rather than the agent .

Then if i edit the task, they have been swapped around there too. If i swap them back to how i want them, the end result stays the same.

Which is that the only thing that ever installs is eepc.

Regardless of which way round they are, it only ever installs eepc.

BUT if i create a task manually, rather than using product deployment, it works perfectly.

This isn't much of an issue, but i'd really like to use the product deployment page for it as i can have better visual cues for its deployment.

So to me, deploying 2 packages via product deployment in epo 5.01 is broken.

Does anyoine else have this issue?