2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2013 9:38 AM by JoeBidgood

Copy ePO Repository to offline server

rbmimi

I have 3 ePO servers. 2 of them are online and get their software/updates from a server in another location. The 3rd ePO server is not connected to the internet so it is not able to go out anywhere and grab new software/updates. I download the DAT file from the McAfee site which is easy enough to check into the repository. Is there anyway for me to copy the repository itself from the servers that are online and import that stuff into the offline server?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Copy ePO Repository to offline server
          Jonesthemilk

I have encountered thisscenario in the past with stand-alone Domains.

• In the end  we set up a daily FTP download of  the McAfee site ftp.nai.com\commonupdater  to a secure location,
          • then had a process to copy this to CD
          • Placed the CD the ePO server in the Stand-alone Domain, where we then set up the CD location as a Source Site for the ePO server.....
          • you might have to do a Regedit on the ePO server  (support.microsoft.com/kb/896861)

This process allowed us to hold back the DATS for 24hrs so not as to fall foul of False +ves etc.

Very Manual, I know but the only 'safe' way we could find to do it. 

P

• 2. Re: Copy ePO Repository to offline server
            JoeBidgood

As long as there is a location that all the servers can see, then this is possible. The way to do this would be as follows:

Let's call the server with the internet connection Server A and the one without an internet  connection Server B.

On server A, configure a UNC distributed repository in a location that server B can access. (It can be on Server A itself, if necessary.)

Configure this repository so that it only contains content like DATs, engines, and so on - do NOT include things like agents - and schedule a replication task to populate it.

Export Server A's public repository key (from Server Settings/Security Keys) and import it into Server B.

On Server B, configure a source site that points to the distributed repository.

That should do it

HTH -

Joe