Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1085 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2008 5:22 PM by easy2putt RSS
Newcomer 11 posts since
Aug 13, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 15, 2008 11:29 AM

McAfee - love it / hate it?

I apologize in advance if this post is not in the appropriate folder. I also couldn't find a PM function. This is not an attack on McAfee but more of what people like/dislike about McAfee protection.

I had the SecurityCenter installed already when I got my new computer but just recently "upgraded" and purchased the McAfee TP (Total Protection 12-in-1) for the year.

I personally have not had any problem with McAfee but it seems on all the other various computing boards and forums many people do not like McAfee and have been promoting programs such as Avast, AVG, NOD32, etc. WHY not McAfee?

Is there something that I don't know?
  • Newcomer 285 posts since
    Mar 14, 2008
    1. Aug 15, 2008 11:50 AM (in response to easy2putt)
    RE: McAfee - love it / hate it?
    I think mcafee has something like 100 million users worldwide. Reading posts on this forum, you would think mcafee is full of problems. however, Do you know of many people that would take the time out to come here and post "Hi, just thought i'd let you know, my pc's running fine, no problems... er... just thought i'd let you know"

Each user has an opinion on which is there preferred AV. Visit some of the other AV's forums, i'm sure you'll find problems like the one's posted here by users of the other AV's. "Each to there own", as they say
  • Newcomer 285 posts since
    Mar 14, 2008
    3. Aug 15, 2008 3:41 PM (in response to easy2putt)
    RE: McAfee - love it / hate it?
    As i've said, people only come here to complain or ask for help with problems, it's been a bit quiet lately...i guess that that kind of answers your question somewhat! wink

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)