Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
689 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 5:14 PM by gfergus1 RSS
spyware Newcomer 2 posts since
Sep 21, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 21, 2013 4:35 PM

ssl decryption for a local hosted server ?

Hi,

We have a hosted server which accessible from the outside that is using a domain name cert. for ssl connections I want to decrypt the connections to be inspected for this specific server , i saw some articles but i guess they are talking about ssl decryption for all the connections

i don't want sensor performance to be degraded by enabling it globally I need the ssl decryption just for this specific server

note that it's a virtual server

thanks

• gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    1. Sep 23, 2013 10:03 AM (in response to spyware)
    Re: ssl decryption for a local hosted server ?

enabling the SSL decryption feature is a global option, but the SSL decryption will only happen for inbound connections where the certificate is loaded on the sensor and the connection matches the certificate.

There should be minimal impact on sessions where the certificate is not loaded.

• gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    3. Sep 23, 2013 5:14 PM (in response to spyware)
    Re: ssl decryption for a local hosted server ?

no further changes are necessary.  You may want to keep an eye on sensor performance dashboards in the threat analyzer as the SSL decryption could add some additional load, but I wouldn't expect a lot from one server.

The ssl decryption will allow all HTTP based attacks that require clear text for detection to be used against the ssl server.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points