6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2013 11:06 AM by Hayton

Your Mailbox Quota Exceeded - From Gmail????

Hi everyone,

I received an email about one of my Gmail accounts. The text shown below.  I ckecked my mail box and it is very clean as I delete all my messages once I read them.  It had a word Validate in the body of the message which was a hyperlink.   The hyoperlinked email address that is not even a Gmail address.  I have deleted this hyperlink  in this posting, so that there is not risk of someone inadvertantly clicking on it.

Does anyone have any idea what this group is trying to achieve.  The Validate link leads to this email address: Address a web forgery so removed mod

My McAfee antivirus is up to date and did not see anything suspicious with this email.    I am suspicious.

Your comments or ideas would be very valued.

Thank you in advance.

ED

"From: removed mod

Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:09 AM

To: email removed for safety      mod

Subject: Your Mailbox Quota Exceeded

Dear Client,

This is to inform you that your Mailbox Quota limit has been exceeded. To continue using email,you will need to upgrade your Mailbox Quota(please note this is free). Failure to do so,you will be unable to upload additional items to your Drive or photos to Google+, and, after a period of time, incoming messages to your account will be returned to the sender. Note that we will bounce emails until you rectify quota issue.

Validate

We sincerely regret any inconvenience.

Email Team"

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/09/13 6:55:44 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/09/13 6:56:28 PM