1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 20, 2013 9:02 AM by Peter M

Problem with McAfee internet security

dirkmmc

Dear all,

I have a problem with McAfee Internet Security. It says that it cant update and that I should check my internet connection. My internet connection however is fine.

Furthermore, the Internet Security control panel is only partly displayed (only the left half). So I cant manually install anything.

Lastly, my website has been infected by a virus or malware. I'm not sure if the two are related, but google diagnostics says there are three trojans on my website. Because I saw the malware infection, I checked the status of McAfee and saw that it didnt update anymore. Also, I have tried to install Microsoft Security Essentials which failed for some weird reason.

So any ideas?

Best regards,

Dirk

• 1. Re: Problem with McAfee internet security
          Peter M

The malfunctions are either as a result of the infection or due to your system not being totally up to date including Internet Explorer and its add-ons, whether or not you use it, McAfee does.

You wouldn't be able to install MSE when McAfee installed or even if it succeeded it's an unwise move because running two antivirus applications can compromise your security.

Check the last link in my signature below for some ideas - the first being System Restore which can be started in regular of Safe Mode if necessary.