Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1239 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 5:03 AM by masseyn RSS
masseyn Newcomer 4 posts since
Sep 19, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 19, 2013 10:23 AM

Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC

We are getting intermittent email problems reported by customers who are using Mcafee for the email services.

This is the error we are seeing... 451 All MX servers are unavailable for domain international-tool.com

Most of what i have read points to the Mcafee servers being blacklisted but could do with some advice ???

Please help

• Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 154 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    1. Sep 19, 2013 10:33 AM (in response to masseyn)
    Re: Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC

Hi Masseyn,

There are many potential causes for such an error. One possible cause is a greylisitng of one or more McAfee IP's by the server we are attempting to deliver to, however more specifically the error indicates that the recipient server is not responding to our connection attempts for whatever reason, be it a server failure, greylisting, router problem, etc.

Since International-tool.com is the recipient, and is filtered by the SaaS Product, we recommend ensuring that the following IP addresses are allowed through firewalls and whitelisted against greylisting:

-McAfee SaaS IP Ranges-

208.65.144.0/21

Netmask: 255.255.248.0

HostMin:   208.65.144.1

HostMax:   208.65.151.254

208.81.64.0/21

Netmask:   255.255.248.0

HostMin:   208.81.64.1

HostMax:   208.81.71.254

For further assistance on this, I would recommend contacting the support team that works with your account.

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information
  • Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 154 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    3. Sep 19, 2013 10:57 AM (in response to masseyn)
    Re: Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC

Masseyn,

I did see the same error in Message Audit as well. Again, the error indicates that when we attempt to connect to the backend server to deliver the message, the server does not respond within ~30 seconds. The SaaS Product cannot deliver messages if the recipient server does not respond. I recommend reviewing logs on the server and removing any RBL subscriptions that could generate a conflict.

If you need additional logs or further assistance troubleshooting this, I would recommend contacting the support team that works with your account: 1-800-338-8754, Option 2 for Business, Option 2 for Technical Support, and if prompted, Option 4 for SaaS Email Protection.

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points