4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 5:03 AM by masseyn RSS

Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC

masseyn

We are getting intermittent email problems reported by customers who are using Mcafee for the email services.

This is the error we are seeing... 451 All MX servers are unavailable for domain international-tool.com

Most of what i have read points to the Mcafee servers being blacklisted but could do with some advice ???

Please help

• 1. Re: Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC
          Brad McGarr

Hi Masseyn,

There are many potential causes for such an error. One possible cause is a greylisitng of one or more McAfee IP's by the server we are attempting to deliver to, however more specifically the error indicates that the recipient server is not responding to our connection attempts for whatever reason, be it a server failure, greylisting, router problem, etc.

Since International-tool.com is the recipient, and is filtered by the SaaS Product, we recommend ensuring that the following IP addresses are allowed through firewalls and whitelisted against greylisting:

-McAfee SaaS IP Ranges-

208.65.144.0/21

Netmask: 255.255.248.0

HostMin:   208.65.144.1

HostMax:   208.65.151.254

208.81.64.0/21

Netmask:   255.255.248.0

HostMin:   208.81.64.1

HostMax:   208.81.71.254

For further assistance on this, I would recommend contacting the support team that works with your account.

• 2. Re: Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC
            masseyn

Thanks for replying. We believe the route to our servers are fine from Mcafee as the message is received into the queue as shown in the audit. The error message appears to come a couple of minutes after attempting to send to the server.

I have pasted the message audit details below...

Subject:RE: Insurances

Size:152 KB

Message ID:271b9325.0.48413.00-2389.69701.s17p02m002.mxlogic.net

Tracking ID:271b9325.0.48413.00-2389.69701.s17p02m002.mxlogic.net

Sender IP:195.245.231.151

Direction:Inbound

Spam Score:0.2727272727

Event
            Recipient Disposition: [250 Deferred; Mode: normal; Queued: yes; Frontend TLS: yes; SPF: n/a]
            Detail: first attempt failure: 451 all mx servers are unavailable for domain international-tool.com
            • 3. Re: Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC
              Brad McGarr

Masseyn,

I did see the same error in Message Audit as well. Again, the error indicates that when we attempt to connect to the backend server to deliver the message, the server does not respond within ~30 seconds. The SaaS Product cannot deliver messages if the recipient server does not respond. I recommend reviewing logs on the server and removing any RBL subscriptions that could generate a conflict.

If you need additional logs or further assistance troubleshooting this, I would recommend contacting the support team that works with your account: 1-800-338-8754, Option 2 for Business, Option 2 for Technical Support, and if prompted, Option 4 for SaaS Email Protection.

• 4. Re: Email Bouncing Back From MXLOGIC
                masseyn

Thanks for the advice and support. This did indeed to seem we had a smaller range set for the 2nd range. We have amended and this seems to have resolved the issue.