3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 8:25 PM by Peter M

Uninstall Anti-Theft 2.2.279.5 decryption process stops on some file.

celupp

I can't uninstall Anti-Theft 2.2.279.5 decryption process stops on some file, computer stop working and don't uninstall.

I am using Windows 8 Pro.

Some steps what i did:
      - Disable UAC
      - Disable Windows Defender
      - Disable File Protect on web console. (Now my computer stop working few minutes after boot, the only way i can using computer is starting de uninstall process and stay there)
      - Force remove (but the crypted files still unaccessible )
      - Regular uninstall process stop on decryption process and freezes the operational system.

Looks like some problem with Office 2013 and Skydrive or some system file crypted.

How to uninstall it?

• 1. Re: Uninstall Anti-Theft 2.2.279.5 decryption process stops on some file.
          Peter M

I've alerted support staff to post here.

• 2. Re: Uninstall Anti-Theft 2.2.279.5 decryption process stops on some file.
            celupp

Thanks Ex_Brit, but I already fix the problem.

What I did:

- I saved my files on an external hd for safety.

- I created a new user profile on the computer as an administrator.

- I rebooted in safe mode

- I copied the important files to a directory within the root c:

- I deleted the old profile. (There was some corrupt file preventing the decryption, it is only possible to delete in safe mode on Windows)

- I rebooted and used the temporary user profile to uninstall mcafee anti-theft.

- The whole process of decryption and removal was successful.

- I rebooted again and created my user profile again copying my files from the root directory c:

I was really disappointed with this problem and with mcafee, almost lost all my files trying to protect them.

This problem seems common. The solution should be fixed here in the forum already that mcafee solved most problems alike.

Thank you for your attention.

• 3. Re: Uninstall Anti-Theft 2.2.279.5 decryption process stops on some file.
              Peter M

OK, that's great.  Good luck ;-)

It's a relatively new product that McAfee inherited when Intel took them over, and I think it''s having some "teething problems" for want of a better expression.

I don't have it, nor do any of the Moderators as it's only machines with a certain chip that can use it.   So we are helpless unfortunately.