2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 6:04 AM by Peter M

How to renew a SafeKey account?

How to renew a SafeKey account?

I started using SafeKey fewmonths ago. I used my All Access account to create the SafeKey account.

My All access account expiredwhich means my SafeKey account expired too.

I now have Live Safe subscription on my McAfee account. Live Safe also comeswith SafeKey.

However when I log into mySafeKey account it still says I need to renew. So my SafeKey account is stillconnected to my expired All Access subscription.

How do I get my SafeKey accountto recognize I now have Live Safe so it should activate my Safe Key account.

I can create a new SafeKeyaccount using the activation code, but it means I have to make a new emailaddress, i have to start saving my password all over again.

I wish to use my existingSafeKey account.

I keep contacting Support butevery time i contact them they don’t understand this problem, they keepthinking it is a PC or Software problem. So every time I contact McAfee supportthey uninstall it and reinstall it, and it still does not work. When i contactthem again the next person uninstalls and reinstalls.

For some reason they don’t reador they don’t understand the problem I am describing to them.

• 1. Re: How to renew a SafeKey account?
          Peter M

Moved to LiveSafe for better support.

• 2. Re: How to renew a SafeKey account?
            Peter M

Have you tried uninstalling the old Safekey from that machine in the normal manner?   That should have been done before installing LiveSafe, I believe.    I don't think you can change an existing Safekey account in the way you are asking, you would have to make a brand new one with a new email address.

Customer Service deal with account issues and Technical Support with technical questions and if they couldn't help at first ask them for escalation to a higher level.  This product is relatively new so they may not yet be totally familiar with it.

Hopefully someone subscribed to this section will chip in here to help.  I don't actually use the product myself. 

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/09/13 7:04:22 EDT AM