Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
531 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 12:13 PM by rpd85 RSS
rpd85 Newcomer 27 posts since
Feb 14, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2013 8:24 AM

How to export device list from DLP Policy?

Maybe I'm just overlooking something obvious, but I can't seem to find a way to export a Removable Storage Device Definition list from within our DLP Policy under ePO.

We have a policy to block all USB drives except ones that are part of an "Approved Drives" Removable Storage Device Rule, which uses a device definition of USB devices by serial number.

My manager wants a printout of all of the USB drives that have been approved for use on our network.

There is a way to import a list of drives under device definition parameter, but no export option, and I can't seem to copy-paste the list either, without selecting each item individually.

Is there any way to do this?

1.png

• pboedges Apprentice 71 posts since
    Jan 20, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 11, 2013 10:30 AM (in response to rpd85)
    Re: How to export device list from DLP Policy?

We had the same problem, this is what we came up.

Assuming you are logged into ePO ...

• Open DLP Policy
    • Click File, Synchronize Templates
    • Click on Device Definition Tab
      • On the left side you will see all the templates on your local workstation, on the right everything that is maintained within your DLP policy by ePO
      • Highlight all the items on the right side that you want to sync with your workstation
      • Click the button with the icon with the green arrowpointing to the left
      • You will notice that the items on the left have been updated to reflect the current policy settings on the right
      • Click Ok to close this screen
        • If you receive an error that states “Failedsynchronizing templates…Access to the path “” is denied.” You will need to relaunch your browser with Admin level credentials and repeat the previous steps.
    • Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory
      • 32bit Path = C:\ProgramFiles\McAfee\DLP\Management Tools\Templates\Removable Storage Device Definitions
      • 64bit Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\DLP\ManagementTools\Templates\Removable Storage Device Definitions
    • You should see all the definitions that you have transferred in XML format.

You can then copy the XML files to another directory and modify them to get the result you desire for your reporting.  Unfortunately there is no other method that I have found to get this information out of ePO.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points