3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 4:23 PM by tonyweiss

EEDK Software Deployment Issue

abramojt

I'm trying to deploy an MSI with EEDK 9.4. When I deploy the package the Agent Monitor hangs verifying the MSI file. I'm calling the MSI using a BAT file with the quiet switch.

• 1. Re: EEDK Software Deployment Issue
          dcobes

Without knowing how you configured your deployment package, I don't think anyone will be able to answer this. Can you post a screen shot or your EEDK setup for this builld?

-d

• 2. Re: EEDK Software Deployment Issue
            dantu

I'm having the same issue as abramojt.

I believe that much of the configuration of the deployment package is irrelevant at this point. Checking the agent log, the last entry at the point the task is run shows it's verifying one of the files. This occurs on multiple PCs and the file it's verifying is a 1KB batch file. However, before I tried recreating the package, it got stuck verifying the "-det.mcs" file.

Is there any other information that would be of help?

Thanks

Dan

• 3. Re: EEDK Software Deployment Issue
              tonyweiss

I was running ito the same issue. For me it turned out to be an Access Protection Rule blocking.  I added an exception to the Common Standard Protection > Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings for the exe I was trying to run.

Hope this helps