A mach ine in our environment got DLPE installed, but it was not supposed to recieve it. I have attempted to run a client task to uninstall, but it fails to uninstall the product. I have tried the following:
I am currently pending a test with the following to see if this solves my answer:
1. Locate the system experiencing the uninstall issues with HDLP in the ePO system tree.
2. Place a checkmark next to it, then go to"Actions" > "Agent" > "Run Client Task Now"
3. Then select McAfee agent > Product Deployment > Create New Task
4. Under products and components selectMcAfee Data Loss Prevention 9.2 (or the version you were originally trying toremove from the machine)
5. Select "Install" for theaction.
6. Click "Run Task Now" to complete the task. Once the install completes, reboot the machine.
7. Once the machine has booted, confirm that HDLP is installed, and repeat steps 1-6 , except this time, select "Uninstall" under the action in the client task.
Originally when this issue started, DLPE was under Window's Add/Remove programs listing. When I clicked "Remove" within this window, the uninstaller would complain it couldn't find a .msi uninstaller file. I ran a cleanup utility and was able to remove it from the Add/Remove programs listing, but this did not remove the software.
How to uninstall HDLP.....in any way. I have tried ePO and manully from the machine, but neither work. DLPE is still on the machine. It does NOT show up in the add/remove programs list either. ePO says it fails everytime it tries to remove he product.