Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
522 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 12:45 PM by jwood.mls RSS
jwood.mls Newcomer 29 posts since
Apr 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 6, 2013 8:58 AM

ePO AD integration

Okay so here is my setup which I realize may be wrong.  I have a system tree that is divided by computer type then physical location.  It is not sycned with AD.

If I were to synchronize the groups into AD, does that mean computers are added into the tree as they are put into an OU in AD?  Is virusscan for example installed automatically?  I just want to make sure I've got this set up all the same way and I know the way I have it set up now isn't necessarily the best.

• akill Apprentice 72 posts since
    Feb 25, 2011
    1. Sep 6, 2013 2:55 PM (in response to jwood.mls)
    Re: ePO AD integration

does that mean computers are added into the tree as they are put into an OU in AD?

You have 2 options sync the complete AD tree or only sync the flat systems list

Is virusscan for example installed automatically?

Nop, you need to have an agent deployment task running in order to install the VSE to manage machines using ePO

• Laszlo G Veteran 1,213 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    3. Sep 9, 2013 10:57 AM (in response to jwood.mls)

Hi jwood.mls, when you set your AD sync definition under a group you can also set credentials for deploying McAfee Agent to new computers at the same time.

Otherwise you can also plan an automated server task that will run the unmanaged query 2 times a day (for example) and as a sub-action you can chose to deploy mcafee agent to all of thee unmanaged computers.

• clindblom Newcomer 3 posts since
    Sep 11, 2013
    5. Sep 11, 2013 11:51 AM (in response to jwood.mls)

do I need to make a new tree structure that mirrors AD?

I did not have to. I created a parent group and synced it to AD. Once I did that I was able to pull all of the sub folders and OUs so it made the tree itself.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points