Started having issues a few days ago when virtually all of my port became unreachable. After much testing I've found that it's McAfee personal firewall blocking inbound connections.
Even with the program set to full access and specific ports open, I can see in the log that it's blocking inbound connections.
As soon as I turn off the firewall everything works fine.
I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software. Any suggestions? Would ditch the software but I still have three more years on the license!
Re reinstall did you use the following method
ie windows removal followed by MCPR removal tool? Maybe the firewall got corrupted and a clean install needed. that said have you called support after doing above and asked them. If support at a loss ask for an escalation call back.
This not a common occurrence I have never experienced it in 10 years here as a moderator even using the beta test versions the firewall is stable.
I did not. I'll give this a try and report back. Have also had issues twice this year with McAfee Firewall blocking communiction with my Apple Tv's. Hopefully this will fix that too.
I performed the steps in the article you posted, thank you. However, it's still blocking inbound connections.
So basically heres a rundown:
1. Almost all TCP ports blocked (except a few common ones like 21, 53, 80)
2. Giving a program full access does nothing (turning net guard off has no affect either)
3. Opening a TCP port manually has no affect
4. UDP ports seem to behave normally on their own for the most part
5. However, if I open a UDP port manually it becomes unreachable
6. As before, ports are reachable after disabling firewall altogether
Best to call support and if necessary get it escalated this not normal I ran www.grc.com's shieldsup on my firewall and it was OK. No open ports