1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 2:52 AM by pierce

after site advisor update more sites being blocked

stickman

After the Site Advisor update more websites are being blocked. How can I change the level of websites being blocked?

• 1. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
          stickman

Any feedback on this? I changed zero protection to allow mode and enabled observe mode because too many site were being blocked. The level of sites being blocked was not this high before update.

• 2. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
            stickman

Also lots of sites on the internal network are being blocked, how do I allow local addresses? Found the option: "Private IP range" which can be allowed, does this mean all addresses in this range would be allowed and not blocked by Site Advisor.

Message was edited by: minion on 9/3/13 9:24:30 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
              derekb

I would block the URL (gateway.siteadvisor.com) at your web proxy and then change the policy to "stand down" SAE when on internal network.

McAfee SAE Product Guide 3.5.0

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 23000/PD23522/en_US/SAE350%20_Product%20Guide_en_us.pdf page 25

• 4. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
                stickman

Yes I've been considering that, is that the Web gateway interlock option?

• 5. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
                  derekb

Yes, if you you have a network web proxy then you need to let it do the work rather than host/endpoint product.  Some people like to turn both on but my opinion you have more operational/administrative overhead. 

• 6. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
                    stickman

Ok i switched it on..

If SiteAdvisor detects that your organization enforces traffic through a web gateway, it stands-down from its enforcement and site rating operations.                   

I didnt tick this one:

These options allow SiteAdvisor to determine if the client is protected by a web gateway. It is recommended that you configure both conditions.                   

And then ticked this one, left the other fields blank:

• 7. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
                      stickman

Is it fine like that? I attached screeshot rather than the copy and paste above

Message was edited by: minion on 9/5/13 6:34:11 AM CDT
                      • 8. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
                        stickman

And quick question, must zero day protection be set to block again and observe mode unticked?

• 9. Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked
                          stickman

any answer on this? "And quick question, must zero day protection be set to block again and observe mode unticked?"

1 2 Previous Next