0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 8:51 AM by rob_v

    Unable to use AD Import after upgrade from 4.6.6 to 5.0.1

    rob_v

      Hello All,

       

      This is my first post on this site so my apologies if I unintentionally breech any etiquette

       

      After upgrading to 5.0.1 none of my import jobs are functioning (on 2 EPO servers, Prod and DR)

       

      I have 4 main domains from which I pull from Infrastructure and Customer OUs.

       

      I have registered LDAP domains for each of these.

       

      I've seen a couple of posts that looked similar to my issue but the solutions to these did not work for me.

       

      The problem exists on both of the upgraded servers and although has slightly different symptoms, has the same overall effect on both (AD imports fail).

       

      Excerpt from server task log:

       

      8/29/13 1:06:16 PM

       

      Synchronization point XXXX failed to connect to active directory server XXXX.XXXX.XXX, user: null\null

       

      8/29/13 1:06:16 PM

       

      Synchronization point XXXX failed to connect to active directory server XXXX.XXXX.XXX, user: null\null

       

      I've tried deleting the registered LDAP server, the node in the system tree and setting the AD Import job no 'None' - I restarted the EPO services and then reconfigured as previously. Still had the same outcome.

       

      One the DR server I could not edit one of the LDAP servers - just had to delete and recreate. Ended up being kind of circular because once I'd recreated everything (all connection tests work fine) and then told it to sync it would fail in the same manner and if I tried to edit the registered LDAP server I just got the message 'resource not available'. Had to delete again and recreate once more. In Prod I can edit the LDAP servers fine but still get the same failure with the user null/null entry in the task log.

       

      One thing that be relevant is that whenever i tried to recreate the AD import jobs I would select the relevant registered domain but when I went to browse AD it would default to one domain and the domains I wished to pull from could not be browsed.

       

      Hope someone can help

       

      Thanks