1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2013 6:17 PM by mblower

Reinstall Endpoint Encryption 6.2.1

I restored my laptop from a backup (My partition was backed up by Acronis True Image) and now I have an unencryted hard drive. The restore restored all of the endpoint files but of course nothing is happening. I want to remove and then reinstall endpoint encryption but when I try to remove it I am told that it is still active. So, even though it thinks it is active it is not working.

Does anyone know of a formal process to follow when you do an image recovery on a machine? My company told me to boot the emergency disk and recover my hard drive. I'm confused by that as I have access to my hard drive. Anyway, I am unsure of what to do. My IT group seems to be at a loss as well as to how to correct this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

• 1. Re: Reinstall Endpoint Encryption 6.2.1
          mblower

I would think you are in an unsupported state.  The IT department could try modifying the Product Policy for EEPC on your machine, and de-select the "Enable Policy" feature, thus disabling encryption for your machine, but I'm not sure what the result would be.  Failing that, I would say that the machine has to be re-imaged using a clean image and then data restored manually.