1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 3:01 PM by sroering

web reporter top 20 users by hits

chuck99

I'm trying to create a report that lists the top 20 users by hits and then list the top hits\url category for each of the top 20 users in the following format:

User1

Hits     URL Category

User2

Hits     URL Category

User 3

Hits     URL Category

etc.

I'm able to create a report that list the top 20 users by hits using a custom query with user name, hits and url category as columns. Max report results is set to 20 and hits sorted by descending order.

However, when I try to show the hits\url category for each of the 20 users by running the reports multiple times in advanced, the report shows a different set of users. In advanced, I've selected user name in my custom query as the data set. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or why I'm getting different results?

• 1. Re: web reporter top 20 users by hits
          sroering

You want to use the "Run report multple times" feature.

Step 1: Create a query on summary data that contains username and hits, sorted by hits descending.

Step 2: Create a query that has category and hits, sorted by hits descending

Step 3: Create an advanced report. 

- The report body will have the query in step 2.

- On the advanced tab, check the box for "run report mulitple times", then select the username from your query in step 1

- Don't forget to set filters for the user query, such as date range or group membership, etc.

- set your date range and filters for the main report.

What happens is that Web Reporter will run your user query to get the list of user names, then run the main report several times with a user filter from the user query.