1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2014 1:40 PM by Ex_Brit Branched to a new discussion. RSS

conduit search

amidino

How do I get rid of conduit search that has hijacked my internet browser?

• 1. Re: conduit search
          Ex_Brit

It probably arrived as a semi-optional download with something else, always keep an eye open for these "extras".  It's not a virus, trojan or worm but IS a nuisance and could cause malware to be downloaded at a later time.  There is a good removal guide here:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-search-virus/

After that I suggest running RootkitRemover, Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, all linked in the last link in my signature below.

To keep the latter free of charge do NOT accept the free trial.

Toronto ▪ Canada
          Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
          I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
          Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
          Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

• 2. Re: conduit search
            Hayton

Conduit is one of the worst offenders for producing hard-to-temove toolbars, and it produces them in bulk. That's what has turned this Israeli start-up into a billion-dollar company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conduit_(publisher_network_and_platform)

If you see one of these (Conduit Search) then you must assume there is other adware hiding on your system. The Microsoft forums offer a number of suggestions depending on the browser and version of Windows (see threads 1 , 2, 3 and 4) but the cleanup usually involves AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes.

• 3. Re: conduit search
              tpicton

I would like to get rid of Conduit Search which appears to have stopped Chrome from working and comes up all the time in Explorer.

Please do not tell me it is not a virus and that it is a reputable company. I only just downloaded a one-year free version of McAfee.

There have only been two recent downloads - one from iTunes and the McAfee download. It is probably just coincidence but it is very

disconcerting that the problem has only just begun now that I am using McAfee.

The link about how to remove Conduit in Peter's note does not connect to anything.

Many thanks

• 4. Re: conduit search
                Ex_Brit

Yes that page is down.  Try this one but please disregard the "Remove Malware (FREE)" ads, simply follow the steps:  http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Conduit-Search-Protect

• 5. Re: conduit search
                  Ex_Brit

Or simply run the Junkware Removal Tool from this website:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

• 6. Re: conduit search
                    tpicton

Dear Peter

Many many thanks. You are wonderful.

I did what you told me (last two posts)

Everything is now working fine. Chrome is not blocked  and Explorer has no Conduit pop ups.

It has been a very anxious day, but now it is OK.

Terry

• 7. Re: conduit search
                      Ex_Brit

Glad to help, all the best ;-)

• 8. Re: conduit search
                        catdaddy

Dear Tpicton,

If I may interject and say a few words.Thank you for your kind words to Ex_Brit...As you can see by his response and all he had to say is.."Glad to help" All the best

Simply by the few words he expressed, speaks "Volumes"

As with Ex_Brit and all of the Moderators..They offer their assistance on a Volunteer basis.Very seldom do they get Recognition, for their time and effort in attempting to resolve issues that Consumers may present for assistance.

I admire each and everyone of them, for the basic simple reason. That there are occasions, that even with their vast knowledge of all McAfee Products, if the case may be they cannot provide an answer,or solution to one,s issues...They personally take it upon their-selves, to contact Knowlegeable individuals which pertain to specific issues , to expediate a resolution to the problem you may present.

I am simply a Consumer like yourself, and through the years of choosing McAfee as my choice of Protection, have learned a vast amount of knowledge by simply following all the threads, and paying close attention to their knowledge, and endless pursuit of attempting to resolve any of our issues.

I apologise for being "Long -Winded" in my post, yet it is rare that they get accolades as such.

Sincerely,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 4/16/14 8:50:43 PM CDT
                        • 9. Re: conduit search
                          5c0tt3b0y

Thanks for linking all these tools, but is there a way that we can use HIPS or Access Protection to prevent the initial install of Conduit?  Someone has surely built out a way to do this with McAfee products?

Thanks!

1 2 Previous Next