3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 4:17 PM by rmetzger RSS

McAfee VSE 8.8 Standalone Deployment

Secure-It22

Hi Folks,

I've VSE 8.8 deployed in the Organization i work for. I'm using McAfee ePO 5.0, since we are McAfee Partners my CEO would like to have VSE 8.8 place on his home machines that are not part of our nextwork. He would like to use the software and licenses from his Organization. How can this be done? There there a standalone installation that can be done and the VSE updates directly to McAfee?

Thnaks much guys !

• 1. Re: McAfee VSE 8.8 Standalone Deployment
          rmetzger

Hi Secure-It22,

Secure-It22 wrote:

I've VSE 8.8 deployed in the Organization i work for. I'm using McAfee ePO 5.0, since we are McAfee Partners my CEO would like to have VSE 8.8 place on his home machines that are not part of our nextwork. He would like to use the software and licenses from his Organization. How can this be done? There there a standalone installation that can be done and the VSE updates directly to McAfee?

Enter your your valid Grant Number under "Download my products" here:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx

Select the Endpoint Product your license is entitled (such as "McAfee Endpoint Protection Suite" or the product you have).

Select:

Endpoint Security

'Agree' to the licensing

Download VSE880LMLRP3.zip

Extract that .zip to a directory.

Download the latest avvepoXXXXdat.zip files from here:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?regi on=us

Extract that avvdat-xxxx.zip to the same directory as you extracted VSE880LMLRP3.zip

Extract *.dat from avvdat-xxxx.zip the that same directory as before.

Transfer this directory to some media of your choice.

Run SetupVSE.Exe and follow the prompts, on the Windows system in question. Configure the system as needed.

You may also want to consider using McAfee Installation Designer (MID) and creating a single installation point for these non-network connected PCs.

Just be sure to that your license includes your CEO's home computer(s) (a legal question).

Hope this helps.

Ron Metzger

• 2. Re: McAfee VSE 8.8 Standalone Deployment
            Secure-It22

Thanks Ron i would try this over the weekend, with regards to the licenses we have plenty extras as a McAfee partner. Also we are no a large organization, do i have to apply to license in some special way or once we have extra license i could go ahead and install?

• 3. Re: McAfee VSE 8.8 Standalone Deployment
              rmetzger

Hi Secure-It22,

The question of licensing is strictly legal, as nothing changes technically. I just don't know how you are licensed. That is something you need to get answered by your McAfee representative. Many non-academic licenses may not include installations on non-company owned PCs. I am sure someone from McAfee can clarify.

Anyway, Good luck.

Ron Metzger