4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 10:06 AM by bostjanc

    AD Sync Tasks Fail

    kenyan

      The tasks fails  here is the log report

       

      AD Synchroniation] failed with exception

      java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Error, all sync points failed to synchronize

       

      Tech support say i have to enable LDAP on the server. its Win Server 2008 R2, its the Domain Controller. as it is the Domain Controller do i need to really enable LDAP?

       

      how do i resolve the AD Sync task fails?

        • 1. Re: AD Sync Tasks Fail
          bblanchard

          Did you register your LDAP server under "Registered Server" ?  If so, when you try the "Test connection" button to make sure it can connect to it ?

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AD Sync Tasks Fail
            kenyan

            I did register the LDAP & it connects when i test.

             

            i have lauched a support call and they are helping me with the issue now.

             

            Message was edited by: kenyan on 8/23/13 9:25:52 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: AD Sync Tasks Fail
              bostjanc

              i have exactly the same problem, the same situation, but it started to make problems after we have done upgrade epo from 4.6 to the latest 5.0.1 version. I would be very glad if you find the solution and post it here.

              I also was solving with Mcafee support but the guy was convincing me I have some network discovery problems and that's the basic requirement for EPO to work.

              He did not know what to answer me if network discovery is important why the hell this thing worked in epo 4.6 version.

              Kenyan please update your results.

              With best regards

              • 4. Re: AD Sync Tasks Fail
                bostjanc

                Orion.log in my case where EPO was upgraded and it stands on DC, does not give any good information why the sync does not work:

                 

                2013-08-30 17:04:06,976 ERROR [mfs:pool-2-thread-4] command.SyncDomainADCommand  - SyncDomainADCommand failed, 0 succeeded, 1 failed

                2013-08-30 17:04:06,994 ERROR [mfs:pool-2-thread-4] service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl  - execution of task Active Directory/NT Domain Synchronization failed

                com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Error, all sync points failed to synchronize

                at com.mcafee.epo.computermgmt.ui.command.SyncDomainADCommand.invoke(SyncDomainADC ommand.java:426)

                at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1246)

                at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invokeCommand(CommandInvoker.java:987)

                at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:956)

                at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:933)

                at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:431)

                at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:382)

                at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invoke(Chain.java:63)

                at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1246)

                at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.runTask(ScheduledTa skManagerImpl.java:1468)

                at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.runValidatedTaskInv ocation(ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.java:1446)

                at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.execute(ScheduledTa skManagerImpl.java:1245)

                at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine.runTask(TaskQueueEngine.java:806)

                at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine.runTask(TaskQueueEngine.java:788)

                at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine.access$800(TaskQueueEngine.java:41)

                at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine$3.run(TaskQueueEngine.java:757)

                at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)