Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
386 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 1:17 AM by lubomir.cerny RSS
lubomir.cerny Apprentice 54 posts since
Feb 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 22, 2013 6:51 AM

Redownload IPS sensor device software ?

Hi folks,

There was transfer error during download M-1250 device software. I tried Updating / Manual import feature using downloaded .jar firmware file. The problem is, that NSP Manager 7.5.5.6 tells, that file can not be imported as it already exists on system.

How can I tell NSP Manager to redownload device software even it thinks, it is done already ?

Thx.

Message was edited by: lubomir.cerny on 8/22/13 1:51:56 PM CEST
  • gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 22, 2013 12:00 PM (in response to lubomir.cerny)
    Re: Redownload IPS sensor device software ?

The manager downloads software updates into the system path, but also makes a database entry for determining what it has available to push out to the sensors.

select the file name you downloaded to ensure you have correct syntax:

select * from iv_updates where file_name'<filename>;

for example:

select * from iv_updates where file_name='sensorsw_1250_611154';

once you can correctly see the path and other entries related to the file you downloaded you can then delete this entry:

delete from iv_updates where file_name='sensorsw_1250_611154';

You will also want to delete the file from the path that it shows in the above select statement (<path>\App\temp\ruleEngine\updates\).

You should then be able to download the file again.

If you are unsure of the file names, you can log into menshen1.intruvert.com and see the files seperated by version and model.  They will have the same format as my example above, sensorsw_<model>_<version>

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points