6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 7:46 AM by gjunges

MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO

PMBePO

After deploying and configuring move-sva-3.0.0.ovf, the agent 4.8.0 on the SVA submits the internal IP address of the vmservice-vshied-pg network on eth1 to the ePO Server. I would expect the IP address from VM Network on eth0. How can I change this behavior? (MOVE AV [Agentless] 2.6.0.409 submitts the correct IP address on eth0).

Kind Regards

Nachricht geändert durch PMBePO on 20.08.13 07:13:24 GMT+01:00
        • 1. Re: MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO
          dsabulsky

This needs to be reviewed by McAfee Support, please call into support to have a service request created for this issue.

• 2. Re: MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO
            paulwork

Did you get any information from support on the issue?  I have a case open but haven't gotten an idea on the fix.  My tier 2 support rep was working with Tier 3 to try to replicate the issue.  2.6 Agentless SVAs don't have the same issue.  They were leaning towards an issue with the agent on the SVAs.

• 3. Re: MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO
              nitinverma

Hi,

could you confirm the following points so that we can triage this issue accurately :

1. Is this issue observed after the mentioned SVA was managed by an different ePO than what it was originally registered to ? ie. First this SVA was managed by ePO X and then it was registered to ePO Y.

2. is the vSphere extension also installed on the ePO which is managing the SVA and have you done any discovery for an vCenter inventory ?

3. what IP does it show for the SVA if you go to the Virtualization Tab ( this Tab will appear only if you have installed the vSphere Data Center Extension) ?

let us know so that we can provide a suitable resolution on this.

• 4. Re: MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO
                paulwork

1. The SVA is in the same ePO Server.  We were using Move 2.6 and it reported the IP addresses correctly.  I deployed multiple SVAs with the Pearl script and they all have a 169.254.1.48..

2. I'm not sure what you are looking for on for this one.

3.  We don't have the vSphere Data Center Extension installed at this time.

• 5. Re: MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO
                  nitinverma

1. The SVA is in the same ePO Server.  We were using Move 2.6 and it reported the IP addresses correctly.  I deployed multiple SVAs with the Pearl script and they all have a 169.254.1.48..

<Nitin>After multiple deployment of the SVA you are seeing this issue. can you share the SVAinfo.csv which you have used for the deployment.

Also could you pls try and confirm if a manual deployment of the 3.0 SVA also gives you the same issue ?

3.  We don't have the vSphere Data Center Extension installed at this time.

<Nitin> So there has no installation of the vSphere Data Center Extension done on the mentioned ePO ever . i hope my understanding is right.

I am trying to undestand what may have caused this behavior so that we can address this correctly, as we have tried few use cases at our end, but we are not able to repro this issue.

• 6. Re: MOVE AV [Agentless] 3.0.0 SVA submits wrong IP address to ePO
                    gjunges

Hi, do you solved this issue?? I have same problem on my environment... I can´t wake up agents. But on test environment this behavior doesn't happened.... I Will open one ticket on Platinum to solve this...

Message was edited by: gjunges on 10/4/13 7:43:45 AM CDT

Message was edited by: gjunges on 10/4/13 7:46:21 AM CDT