2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2013 4:15 AM by asabban

I can not access the management console web gateway 7.3

rbarboza

Hello everyone

I can not access the management console web gateway 7.3 only after reboot the gateway web

I attached the error

Issue while trying to connect to McAfee Web Gateway server.

Please restart MWG (/etc/init.d/mwg restart) and reload applet.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.createReader(TypeOperatorParser. java:73)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseDynamicTypesOps(TypeOperator Parser.java:430)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlFixedValues(TypeO peratorParser.java

... 11 more

2013-08-13 11:19:47,403 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlFixedValues(TypeO peratorParser.java

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlType(TypeOperator Parser.java:380)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlTypes(TypeOperato rParser.java:350)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlTypesOps(TypeOper atorParser.java:1

at com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parse(TypeOperatorParser.java:87 )

at com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXml(TypeOperatorPar ser.java:79)

at

com.scur.k.server.manager.ConfigurationManager.loadHandshakeFiles(ConfigurationM anager.java:360)

at

com.scur.k.server.manager.ConfigurationManager.loadKonfiguratorData(Configuratio nManager.java:78)

at com.scur.k.server.Konfigurator.<init>(Konfigurator.java:259)

at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.InitialisationManager.initKonfigurator(Initial isationManager.java:34)

at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.InitialisationManager.access$000(Initialisatio nManager.java:6)

at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.InitialisationManager$1.run(InitialisationMana ger.java:27)

at com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.createReader(TypeOperatorParser. java:73)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseDynamicTypesOps(TypeOperator Parser.java:430)

at

... 11 more

2013-08-13 11:20:07,292 [FATAL] Error parsing type ops file:

at

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlType(TypeOperator Parser.java:380)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlTypes(TypeOperato rParser.java:350)

at

com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXmlTypesOps(TypeOper atorParser.java:1

at com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parse(TypeOperatorParser.java:87 )

at com.scur.k.server.xmlparser.TypeOperatorParser.parseTypesOpsXml(TypeOperatorPar ser.java:79)

at

com.scur.k.server.manager.ConfigurationManager.loadHandshakeFiles(ConfigurationM anager.java:360)

at

com.scur.k.server.manager.ConfigurationManager.loadKonfiguratorData(Configuratio nManager.java:78)

at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.InitialisationManager.initKonfigurator(Initial isationManager.java:34)

at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.InitialisationManager.access$000(Initialisatio nManager.java:6)

at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.InitialisationManager$1.run(InitialisationMana ger.java:27)

McAfee | Web Gateway - Error - WebGateway - 130.0.7.30 http://130.0.7.30:4711/Konfigurator/request

1 of 3 13/08/2013 11:21 a.m.

at

at

... 11 more

2013-08-13 11:20:07,318 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

... 11 more

2013-08-13 11:20:42,866 [FATAL] Error parsing type ops file:

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

McAfee | Web Gateway - Error - WebGateway - 130.0.7.30 http://130.0.7.30:4711/Konfigurator/request

2 of 3 13/08/2013 11:21 a.m.

at

... 11 more

2013-08-13 11:20:42,895 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

thanks for yours comments

• 1. Re: I can not access the management console web gateway 7.3

Hi,

I have also had this problem when upgrading to v7.3 on 3 out of 4 MWG appliances.

I have raised a call about it and I was told to re-image.

Once the re-image eventually completed successfully I was able to upgrade and I can now access the GUI on 2 of them. We are having problems with the 3rd re-image. I don't have any explanation from McAfee as to what the problem is and I'm extremely reluctant to upgrade the 2 remaining live WG appliances I have because I'm sure they will fail too.

• 2. Re: I can not access the management console web gateway 7.3
            asabban

Hello,

this sounds like there is a problem parsing any of the various XML files MWG uses for its configuration. I recommend filing a Service Request with tech support, they should be able to look at your configuration and find the broken piece.

Best,

Andre