1 of 1 people found this helpful
This can be fixed by MVT but as that was tried maybe not in your case.
Was there ever any other AV or firewall installed on this PC even another Mcafee product? If so that version or brand of AV must be removed via their own removal tool with Mcafee unsinastalled correct;lly
reboot and run
and reinstall from your account
then reinstall Mcafee
Onother cause can be
option 3 you tried first 2
Is RTS saying it is off in 1 area but off when viewed in another part of security centre?
Also noted that when I tried to scan, it would not allow me to do this as well. I did the following and so far it is working:
1. Removed the full McAfee program thriugh the "program uninstall function"
2. Ran the McAfee MCPR tool - restarted computer
3. Searched using windows explorer and removed all folders and all files (especially docs and settings and program files) that contained anything McAfee
4. Emptied the recycle bin
5. Ran the MCPR tool again - restarted computer
6. Downloaded from my McAfee account the full program
Very time consuming, but it removed 100% of the registry entries which may have been the problem in the 1st place. This worked in my case for a Dell Latitude 620 laptoip running Windows XP SP3.
Did you run mcpreinstall? That clears up temp files etc and 1 thing I did not mention was malware can disable real time scanning as well. I will add the secondary scanners for you to run if you have further issues